.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Tech: Flashblock

A growing number of websites have been featuring Flash ads that grind my machine to a halt or hang my browser (I'm looking at you, GWOnline). I've been using Flashblock for Firefox for a couple of weeks and voila, problem solved. The nice thing is that you can click on where the Flash ought to be to re-enable that specific clip. That means it doesn't break the various places where using Flash wasn't a terrible idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

This is why I use Safari on the Mac at work, you can just uncheck all plugins. IGN's pages were bringing mine down to a crawl as well.

Flash adoption has, I think, preceeded it's curve a bit.

2/14/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

Ah, but that's the trick. Sometimes I want to be able to see the Flash thingy (if I do, it's usually the point of going to the page). Much easier just to click on the "go" button than to fiddle around enabling and disabling plugins.

2/14/2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Brinstar said...

They make me use IE at work. :-(

2/14/2006 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home