Guild Wars: Week's dev posts
Alright, that's the excuse for not posting. Here's the highlights of GW news for the week.
- Alert readers may have noticed that the promised skill balance update scheduled for this week didn't actually happen. Apparently it's now scheduled for after Season 2 of the World Championships - around May 15th.
- Apparently the Factions Collector's Edition has been delayed in some areas and may not make it onto shelves for the 28th everywhere. The Standard Edition will be available, however.
- PvE quests which award skills in Factions will generally give a choice of 2 skills instead of a fixed one. Additionally, less skills in general will be available via quests, but obtaining skill points and gold will be easier - character advancement in general will be faster. It was previously revealed that the majority of Factions will be played at 20th level - in GW: Prophecies, it's more like 33% at 20th just for the main storyline.
- You'll be able to buy extra character slots for $9.99 this summer.
- The current bug where all PvE aggro is focused on characters holding items will be fixed at some point.
- Pet AI and Henchmen AI will be improved "on a very large scale" at some point after Factions is released.
- Apparently the Elite Missions in Factions will be accessible by more than the 1% of players some doomsayers have been forecasting.