.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Guild Wars: Alice in Ascalon

Apparently Alice has a New Year's Resolution to get round to playing Guild Wars. As someone who plays way too many games and is a WOW player, I suspect she will try a bit of PvE, get bored and go back to WOW without really playing enough PvP to get into the game. I could be wrong but that's my prediction right now. In fact, that'd be my prediction for pretty much anyone who's playing a fair amount of WOW already.

Shame, really. I'm not 100% sure what the ArenaNet guys can do about it - but making the PvP play a bit easier to get into might be a good start. Seems like a bit of a vague recommendation from my ivory tower here - a more concrete suggestion would probably be good. I'll have to think about that one. Definitely a problem though, because the tasty PvP centre of the game is really where it's at but most players don't even try that before the eh-it's-ok PvE on the outside.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brinstar said...

Conversely, I'm having a bit of a struggle getting into WoW. I'm overwhelmed by everything. It's daunting to have to perform so many maintenance functions for my character, specifically I'm talking about armour upkeep. The time committment needed for WoW seems very high.

1/03/2006 07:18:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

I haven't played WOW myself but I have so many friends that do that I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

The thing I noticed is that none of my friends that play WOW have small children (like me), yet some of the GW players in my guild do. There's a reason for that...

I hear that the time per session investment for WOW is not as bad as some of the other MMOs but it's still significantly up on GW - henchmen & instant travel help a lot.

1/03/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home