.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Guild Wars: GuildCast

Apparently some people have been running a GW podcast called GuildCast for quite a while which I hadn't heard of. I haven't listened to any episodes yet so I can't vouch for quality. I'll try to listen to one today and update with my opinion.

Update: I listened to their review of the Factions preview weekend. They're very PvE centric. I wasn't very impressed - a key quote was "I thought it was ho-hum" a few minutes after they admitted that they hadn't really played Alliance Battles or, for that matter, a whole lot else of the new content. I guess YMMV.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very next episode after that one they talked all about the Alliance battles. Its funny though, you condemn them for not doing their research enough to know what they're talking about, yet you're basing your opinion of them on one episode.

4/12/2006 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

Alright, I listened to that one too. I could quibble about some minor factual inaccuracies but meh, it's irrelevant.

Didn't enjoy that one either - I think the podcast format is best suited to discussion and opinions rather than factual information. Given that the episode I originally linked in my post was a discussion about their opinions on something I was interested in, I was hoping that I'd enjoy their content.

I think that I wasn't impressed because their commentary didn't seem particularly insightful - not really a matter of research. I didn't care that they hadn't played the Alliance Battles, it just seemed a bit odd to say that the whole weekend sucked when they admitted they didn't play much and missed out on what the consensus seemed to be was the best bit.

I'm not going to give you a verdict on all their shows because I haven't listened to them. However, I can tell you what I thought of that show and I didn't like it. As I said, YMMV.

4/12/2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home