.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Guild Wars: Dear Santa...

Please bring us this for Christmas. In fact, no need to wait until Christmas...

Not original ideas but a bit of Photoshop goes a long way.

Party formation UI is pretty weak in Guild Wars. The shocking lack of skill of most players (take note: I'm not saying I'm great, just that most people are truly awful) is still enough to encourage me to avoid pick-up groups whenever possible, so I'm not sure how much difference a fancy UI would make to me personally.

As a general rule, if there's a ton of boilerplate spam in areas in a MMO-type game it indicates a need for a more powerful UI. The 3 prevalent spam types in GW: party formation, guild recruitment and (most of all) item sales.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brinstar said...

OMG. Those ideas would help so much!

5/25/2006 08:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not forgetting the newest spam to hit GW requesting a free taxi to an Elite skill area. I kid you not.

6/04/2006 09:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm posting an update on my earlier comment. I found out what the 'LF Taxi' requests were all about. Apparently players are trying to get to an area called The Deep, which is a 16 v 16 Elite battle ground they farm for Green weapons etc to sell for mega bucks.

I still think that asking for a ride to an Elite skill area is a cop out. It's all part of the game surely? Just my little grumble.

6/06/2006 05:12:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

Close, but you're off a little on the facts. The Deep is a 12-man "Elite" Luxon PvE mission. There are 2 Elite Missions - one for the Kurzicks, and one for the Luxons. The Kurzick one is Urgoz's Warren.

The "Taxi" thing is people asking for entry into the elite missions. Here's how that actually works.

6/06/2006 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home