.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Guild Wars: Birthdays and Collector's Edition

A new feature added with the release of Factions was birthday gifts, miniature models (no in-game effects) which act as in-game trinkets. The mechanic is that you get a birthday gift for any character that's a year old from creation.

Seems that ArenaNet is feeling guilty about not supplying the pre-ordered Collector's Editions - apparently now preorder CE customers will also get one of these miniatures. Birthday gifts are from a random selection but the CE gift is always Kuunavang, a miniature dragon. There's a screenshot of the little beast on the official site.

In other news, the stated reason for not extending the Head Start to pre-order customers was because some players would "burn through" the whole of Factions PvE and not bother actually buying it. C'est la vie. I hope that EB has my copy tomorrow - fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news on your CE Edition? I ended up purchasing a standard copy.

5/07/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

Apparently it came in to the shop. However, I managed to get a pair of free Factions keys the same day, so I couldn't justify spending the extra $70 for the CE goodies.

5/07/2006 03:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you are now able to play Factions. I'm working on a Rit/Ranger and an Ass/Necro. Really enjoying it but getting hammered from Market Square onwards. Totally hammered.

Feel free to say hi if you see me as Divinity Taeg or Raven Taeg.

5/15/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

I don't usually abbreviate Assassin to Ass for obvious reasons. :)

I was notching up a few deaths when I first got off the newbie island but then I figured out how Ritualists actually work and didn't die nearly as much. If you're interested, I could dig up the build I'm using.

I'll add you to my friends list and say hi if I see you around.

5/15/2006 04:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home