Guild Wars Nightfall Preview Weekend
Anyway, some of my quick impressions from the Nightfall preview. My guild was PvEing the whole time so I don't really have any PvP comments. Apparently it was just as well because there was a bug in one skill which caused Guild Lords to just die - no, really, they ended up rolling back the guild ladder - so PvP over the weekend was a little lacking.
- Heroes (customizable henchmen) are going to be great. I'm all about build tweaking and this just adds that much more. The only downside - as it was, the average pick-up group (PUG) member was worse than a henchman. I may never play in a PUG in PvE again.
- Artwork was gorgeous as usual.
- Dervishes are going to just rip up PvE. Area-of-effect default attacks are going to be great. I expect there will be an absolute sea of Dervishes in every outpost.
- Paragons definitely have a lot of useful and interesting skills.
- Lots of the previewed skills look strong in both PvE and PvP. The overall power level appears higher than Factions.
- It appears that the levelling speed is somewhere between Prophecies and Factions.