.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Guild Wars Nightfall Preview Weekend

Well, this is a lot later than I'd planned. Deadlines suck.

Anyway, some of my quick impressions from the Nightfall preview. My guild was PvEing the whole time so I don't really have any PvP comments. Apparently it was just as well because there was a bug in one skill which caused Guild Lords to just die - no, really, they ended up rolling back the guild ladder - so PvP over the weekend was a little lacking.

  • Heroes (customizable henchmen) are going to be great. I'm all about build tweaking and this just adds that much more. The only downside - as it was, the average pick-up group (PUG) member was worse than a henchman. I may never play in a PUG in PvE again.
  • Artwork was gorgeous as usual.
  • Dervishes are going to just rip up PvE. Area-of-effect default attacks are going to be great. I expect there will be an absolute sea of Dervishes in every outpost.
  • Paragons definitely have a lot of useful and interesting skills.
  • Lots of the previewed skills look strong in both PvE and PvP. The overall power level appears higher than Factions.
  • It appears that the levelling speed is somewhere between Prophecies and Factions.
After the preview, I put in my Nightfall pre-order and picked up the "bonus pack" this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brinstar said...

What I am worried about is related to the Heroes. I noticed that when a guildmate equipped his Hero in our party, it leveled up and everything was great. And when, at one point, I decided that we should use my Hero because I had more Warrior Skills unlocked, my Hero was at level 1, because we hadn't been using him. This isn't a huge problem because of the level cap, but I can see it causing some irritation if I am playing with people who want to use their Heros.

10/02/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

The heroes level up really fast if they're lower level than you - so I don't think it'll be a huge problem.

10/02/2006 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home