.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Guild Wars: Splitting Hexes, part 2

After noodling around with the hex split team idea I had the other day, I concluded that it was probably a dead end - but hex shutdown still seems a powerful route to go. Right now the most powerful skill in GvG is probably Blinding Surge, so a lot of people are set up to fight it. People are still doing damage mostly via melee and there aren't many hexes around (and consequently not a lot of serious hex removal).

This new build doesn't have the movement control that the other build has and consequently wouldn't be great on the ice map. But it should provide a reasonable answer to the current metagame with a decent spike, medium hex shutdown and light degen pressure. Sorts out a bunch of the issues I was having with the other build. It should be able to split but it's probably better in 8v8.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sausaletus Rex said...

Been meaning to comment on this one for a while but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm in agreement that hexing's being overlooked especially given how prevalent conditions and the means of fighting them are.

I like the addition of the Surger Resmer. While it does cost you some degen hexing I think it helps you out with spiking much more than you lose with that out. With your dervs (or war and derv, whatever) you stand good odds of being able to apply the rock to the head that a good pressure build needs.

You still pump out a lot of hexes and I think your reworked hexing Necros are a lot more effective even if they might not be quite as damaging. Again, I'm not too sure about hexes these days so I'll refrain from picking those apart too much.

So, I think it's shaping up but I'm sure you've probably had cause to tweak it or test it by now. I'll look forward to the results.

1/15/2007 08:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home