.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Romans! Countrymen! Elephants?

After reading the nth fawning review, I downloaded the demo for Rome: Total War. Well, I was impressed. Any demo where I want to play it more than once is good. The actual game has a turn-based campaign/strategy/empire-building aspect on top of the battle engine in the demo, which is all good as far as I'm concerned.

I should admit that I do have a weakness for those ancient Roman types, since I studied Caesar's account of the invasion of Britain back in the day. In the original Latin. And enjoyed it, even. It seems like a generally solid strategy/tactics game anyway and the graphics and presentation are excellent.

I picked up the game so a more in-depth review will be forthcoming. In the meantime, go download the demo. It's a recreation of the Battle of Trebia, which was one of Hannibal's famous victories over the Romans. With elephants. Short of having flying monkey units too, you can't ask for much more.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home