.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tech: Technorati tagging, part 2

The Greasemonkey script I was using for tagging on my tagathon irritated me and I fixed it. Specifically, if I changed my mind about a tag, I'd have to delete the inserted tag html and re-append the new tags. Turns out it was supposed to be able to replace the tag html but a bug was causing that feature to break. I'm also too lazy to add the new lines before the tag section so I fixed that too. In an ideal world I'd have enough energy to make that customizable, I suppose.

Anyway. Here's the fixed script.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice catch. I'm the one who modified the modified version of the original script that you got from consuming experience. And I never noticed that it should have replaced the tags field...going back through the revisions, at least it wasn't me who introduced that error. :-) It was in the modified version that I started with. I never paid much attention to that part of the script. :-(

It seems obvious...now that you point it out...heh. Good job.

2/20/2006 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

No problem. Hope you didn't mind me publishing a fixed version! Feel free to use any and all updates I made, of course.

2/20/2006 11:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I don't mind, that's what this free stuff is all about eh? Lotsa eyes on the problem


I was just glad that I didn't introduce that error (I really don't know what I'm doing), it took me a few minutes of backtracking to see where it got in. :-)

I'm gonna update the one on consuming experience (well I'm gonna get Imp to) with due credit to you of course. Don't like having missing features out there. Again good catch.

2/20/2006 11:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home