.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Status Update

It's been a while since I posted anything, mostly because I didn't have a whole lot to report. With the baby sucking up most of my free time, I'm not playing any Guild Wars PvP at the moment. By the time I get to play a game (usually 11pm or later), most of the guild is asleep and it's too late to go through the get-a-group rigmarole anyway.

So I've been playing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars instead. The 1.4 patch didn't end up coming out by Christmas, but it was released last week. I'll probably write more about that later.

Ok, so here's my current playlist. First, games I'm actively playing, in rough order of the amount of time I spend playing it:
  • Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

  • Guild Wars (with the kids)

  • New Super Mario Brothers (DS) (with the kids)

  • Bioshock (yeah, I still haven't finished i)t

  • Brain Age 2 (DS) (when the wife isn't playing it)

  • Geometry Wars (DS)
And here's the list of other games I still want to play, but don't really have time until I cross some of the above off my list:
  • Half Life 2: Episodes 1 & 2

  • Team Fortress 2

  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)

  • X3: Reunion

  • TES: Oblivion
I'd probably play more Bioshock but honestly it's a bit scary and I'm playing it right before I go to bed. Jump-out-and-go-boo horror isn't the most restful game mechanic in the world.

I've had at least 4 or 5 people point blank order me to go out and buy Call of Duty 4, but the list of shooters above is too long for me to be able to do it. Maybe once I've finished Bioshock and the Half Life episodes.

Quake Wars is still seeing play in the office. It's really very good, overshadowed by other big shooters released around the same time. Get the demo if you haven't tried it. I'm pretty bad but I feel like I at least make some positive impact for the team. For comparison's sake, there are some very well reviewed games in my list there but I still find myself firing up QW as my default game of choice at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home