.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

TF2: Playing the Spy and Pyro

The two most confusing classes for a newbie (like me) in TF2 are the Spy and Pyro.

So here's a couple of nifty videos on playing the Spy and Pyro by EvilDaedalus, who is clearly some kind of TF2 ninja compared with me.

The main thing I picked up from these that I didn't know previously was for the Pyro: using mostly hit-n-run flanking tactics and copious use of the shotgun. I'd thought of it as a hide-round-a-corner-and-go-boo class, which may have been why so far I've sucked whenever I slipped into something more rubbery and haven't played Pyro much at all. As for Spy, well, there always seems to be a sneaky guy on the team already and I like to fill in the roles that the team isn't covering at the moment.

Mmmmph mmmmmmph!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sausaletus Rex said...

I'm not quite sure what it says about me but I always gravitate to the support bitch roles in these sorts of games. Medic's been my favorite so far, in other words.

Sigh, I really should get around to playing more Team Fortress. But I'm suffering from that old "too many games, not enough time" problem.

11/28/2007 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

I play Medic, but only when I have to. I don't feel like I'm particularly good at it and I don't have as much fun as playing a direct offensive role. In general, I enjoy playing offense a lot more than defense - I tried Engineer, but it was too dull for me.

11/29/2007 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home