.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Delicious Portal (no spoilers)

I finally decided that the Portal spoilers weren't going to evade me forever, so I broke down on Friday night and bought the Orange Box.

I finished the main plotline of Portal last night. I think Yahtzee had it about right in describing it as "the most fun you'll have with your PC till they invent a force-feedback codpiece". A moist, delicious slice of awesome.




P.S. Best. Ending. Ever.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sausaletus Rex said...

I hate to say I told you so but, no, wait, I actually really enjoy doing that...

Wait? Did I post about Portal myself? Probably not as I'm horrible about putting up reviews. Oh well, I hectored you in comments at least.

I'm actually surprised it took you until last night to beat it since it's so short but, then, I imagine you were playing whilst bouncing babies or something.

But, I think it's actually pitched to just about the perfect length. I wish more games would do that, actually (Provided, you know, they're priced similarly. More things than just games, actually. Although, sigh, I don't think I've made that post yet, either.). It doesn't overstay its welcome and leaves you before that mad rush of gaming bliss fades. Giving plenty of room for dreams of mod communities and sequels to come. The hope that they'll continue the ride instead of hammering it lifelessly into the ground. Which you just now is going to happen but, as it is, it remains note perfect fun. The reason why you play video games.

And, yeah, that ending? Sheer genius. Loved the end boss, too.

11/12/2007 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Clamatius said...

I don't get to start playing games till past 11pm for the most part these days. And a gaggle of toddlers wake me up some time after 6am. So, yeah.

11/12/2007 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home