.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Games. Tech. Musings.

Games offline and online. Technology. Random stuff.

Monday, March 17, 2008

MTG Forge

Happened to stumble across a M:tG singleplayer game last week called M:tG Forge (although it's officially called Card Warrior 2 due to legal reasons).

I was saddened but not surprised to learn that it didn't have a real AI - just plays a card it can at random, basically. Still quite the achievement and the guy must have invested a staggering number of hours to get to the point he has. In a world of infinite time, I'd pitch in to build a simple AI - basic minimax, say. Alas, I suspect that the underlying game state model he has is too simplistic to make even a trivial position assessor & minimax analyzer in any kind of reasonable amount of time. Especially given the lack of spare time I have right now.

Anyway, I tried playing it and was immediately frustrated that I was having to continually scroll the playing area back and forth. Luckily, it was open source so I whipped out the latest version of Eclipse and modified the main gui class so it would resize properly. Better than nothing.

That patch was accepted in the latest version so hopefully that should help. If you're a Magic fan it's a fun way to while away some time, so check it out.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home